Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] moneyaddyct@yahoo.com is offline

Default Word not saving a default option. Why not?

On Sep 13, 4:32 pm, "Beth Melton" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 13, 9:31 am, "Beth Melton" wrote:
If you are also using Adobe's PDFmaker add-in then it's known to discard
changed make to your Normal template when you exit Word.

As far as I know (or at least intended) my message was to be posted to
the newsgroup. If that somehow did not occur, I apologize.

No apology necessary, you posted to the newsgroup. What you are reading is
my standard signature that is added to every post. Some newsreaders, such as
Outlook Express, include a Reply button that will reply directly to the
author. My signature is a gentle reminder to use the "Reply Group" button.
:-)

My question
is: How do I know if I'm using Adobe's PDF maker add in? I don't
believe I am. Is there any other explanation? Thanks!

If you have Adobe (the writer version, not the reader) then you likely have
the add-in. If you don't have Adobe (writer) installed then you won't.

A quick check to see if your Normal template is indeed being saved is to
click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, and then click
"Advanced". In the Save section (near the bottom) select the option: Prompt
before saving Normal template. Then make the change again, click the Default
button, and exit Word. If your changes are being saved then you should
encounter a prompt to save changes to the Normal template before Word exits.

There is another possibility so if you are prompted to save the changes but
it still doesn't stick then post back and we'll go from there.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I followed your directions and before I
closed out of the document, Word did in fact let me know that I was
making changes to the global template and it asked me if I wanted to
save those changes. I selected yes. When I opened up Word again, the
changes weren't saved. The box that said "don't add space between
paragraphs of the same style" was unchecked.

PS: I am not using Abode writer.

Thanks!

Justin