katin42

It's possible in 2000. I'm not sure this is what you had in mind, but you
can search within Templates, through Office Online. I typed in Business
Correspondance, which was probably to broad. There were 100 results. Within
those templates this option appeared: Sales Letters About Additional Services
to Client: Business and Legal Sales Sales Letters 97 "or later" The major
link leads to a preview of the Template, while the smaller ones link to
variations, 97 or later is the system requirement.

"JJ" wrote:

Years ago, I used to work in an insurance office where they had letter
templates(sometimes called boilerplates) I could use. The person dictating
would tell me what number template to use. I would load it and then tab to
areas that needed to be customized. I could even choose from a couple of
phrases that would display. I could pick from "his", "her", "their", for
example to make it seem as if the entire letter had been written specifically
for the person reading it.

Is there a way to do this in Word 2000?

Any response is greatly appreciated.