Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Default How do I add a third page to a 2 page template?

If you work with non-printing characters in Word displayed and edit many
document written by others you'll change your mind. Each paragraph mark in
Word can contain many (I think around 30) formatting commands. Space before,
space after, page-break before, and keep-with-next paragraph formatting make
for much more easily edited documents.

I regularly write 30-50 page arguments (called "briefs" for some arcane
reason). These are heavily edited. If I started using paragraph marks to
move a new topic to a new page, I would end up with something that looked
horrible by the time I was done. These are often rush jobs where you have to
be able to depend on being able to insert 3/4 of a page someplace in the
middle without botching everything else up that follows.

For quick-and-dirty one-of documents, yes, you can hit Enter a couple of
times or insert a manual page break to get what you want. For templates,
that are going to be the basis for new documents, never!
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MinutiaMinder" wrote in message
Dear "Teacher" -

Well, I stand by my original suggestion, despite Jezebel's protests. It
would give you a third page, though some additional reformatting would be
necessary to clean up the document after such an action. Charles has a
great
suggestion as well - typing in a couple of paragraphs, and then going back
and inserting the break above the new text.

I am going to guess, though, that you are going to tell us it is not a
Word
document at all, and in that case, probably all of our suggestions will
have
been "terrible advice." If you would like to provide us with some
additional specifics (type of file, etc.), perhaps we can give you a
specific
response.

Thanks!

MM
--
www.minutiaminders.com

The Entrepreneur''''''''''''''''s Lifeline

"Teacher" wrote:

I downloaded a 2 page template, but need to add a third page. "Break"
does
not appear as a choice in the "Insert" tab.