Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jack Crenshaw Jack Crenshaw is offline

Default WORD 2007 TAKES A VERY LONG TIME TO LOAD ANY IDEAS?

Richard Williams wrote:
Having just installed Office 2007 I find it takes a very long time to load
up. Get a message like "configuring Word...." or similar. Any ideas how I can
speed it up?
Many thanks
Richard

Same here. It seems to want to configure itself every time you launch
it. I see that the one reply you got was no help whatsoever. Perhaps
someone else will chime in. Hope so.

For the record, I'm using Word 2007 with XP Pro on a dual-core AMD
rocketship. It's not the speed of the system that's the problem, it's
whatever Word is doing as it configures itself.

Jack