These diagrams were new in Word 2002, and they're actually rather difficult
to use (or at least more trouble than *I'd* bother with), but they do at
least meet the minimum requirements (I think) of your description.

"Quentin Grady" wrote in message
This post not CC'd by email
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:36:32 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Have you looked at the Cycle Diagram available using the Insert Diagram
button on the Drawing toolbar in Word 2002 or 2003. It does exactly what

you
describe.

G'day G'day Suzanne,

Well I'm glad I asked ... even if the answered caused some
embarrassment. To put it simply, I hadn't noticed it.

Thanks and best wishes,

--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, #,# [