I'm confused by our disparate experience since I'm pretty sure I
investigated these in Word 2002 and they were the same as in Word 2003, but
I could of course be wrong. I'm also curious as to how you get a pentagon
out of a block arrow (or vice versa). FWIW, the block arrows in my cycle
diagram cannot be rotated.

"Quentin Grady" wrote in message
This post not CC'd by email
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:43:00 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Is this Word 2002?

G'day G'day Suzanne,

Word 2002.

In Word 2003, the Cycle diagram has hideous blue arrow
shapes. You can use the yellow diamonds to reduce the arrow to a line,

but
the honking big arrowhead is not changed (and is still a hideous blue).

When I use Autoshapes, Block Arrows ... I get the yellow reshape
diamonds and the green rotational diamonds for that matter.

When I use the Diagram Gallery in Word 2002 to get the Cycle Diagram
there are NO coloured diamonds. No green diamonds. No yellow
diamonds. It would be nice if there were because with a yellow
diamond in a simple block arrow it is easy to first obtain a pentagon
and then a rectangle thus disguising the block arrow diagrams true
nature. I say it would be nice because if there was a yellow diamond
in the block arcs in the cycle diagram presumably one could reverse
the process to get a pentagon and then an arrow.

Sadly there are no yellow diamonds ... at least I have discovered the
abracadabra to make them magically appear. Do I need to update a
component ... and I don't mean to 2003?

There seems to be no easy way to swap the AutoShape for a different one,
though I suppose there surely must be a way of some sort.

Best wishes and once again thanks.
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, #,# [