Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Mailmerge date format

Access is not actually storing the date in that format, just displaying it
that way. You can however use the format function in a query in Access to
force the date into the format that you want and use the query as the data
source for the mailmerge. Alternatively, create and autotext entry that
contains the mergefield with the switch and insert the autotext entry when
you want to insert the mergefield containing the date into your mail merge
main documents.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ocean" wrote in message
I using mailmerge to take some dates out of an Access DB to merge into some
letters. The date format in the DB is correct (eg UK format dd/mm/yyyy).
But
when I mailmerge, it comes out as mm/dd/yyyy - USA format. The regional
settings are correct. But if I add following formatting data: \@"dd MMMM
yyyy" then it works. However, this is a faff having to modify this each
mailmerge letter I do - can this be set up as default ? It seems a bit
poor
that Microsoft cant allow this formatting everytime. Any help would really
save my sanity ! Thanks