Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bewildered in Virginia Bewildered in Virginia is offline

Default removing vertical lines

I set the Track Change Options to Marknone). This removed some of the
vertical lines, but not all. I also turned off the highlight change tracking.
This is a multi-section document. Does this apply to the entire document, or
only to the section containing the inserted cursor?

"Bewildered in Virginia" wrote:

I received a Word 2000 document that contains vertical lines at the left
margin. It appears to be part of the document formatting, as it runs
throughout the document in particular formatted sections. I want to remove
them, but cannot. I tried selecting none in the Format/Borders dialog, but
that did not work. What is causing this and how do I remove them?