Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default autotext and f3 key

In Office button | Word Options, Customize tab, click the Customize button
to open the Customize Keyboard dialog box. Make sure that F3 is assigned to
the InsertAutoText command.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nuttie netballer" wrote in message
HELP !! have recently converted to the dark side and now using word 2007
!!
Managed to copy over my autotext shortcuts (F3) from Word2000 and was
happily
using them until about 4 days ago. Now what happens is ...... e.g. type
in
nn for nuttie netballer and whereas I would have just pressed f3 key to
see
this in full I am now looking at a box which says "Building Blocks
Organiser". Can see all my autotexts there but am now having to scroll
thru
list, find the one I want to use and press insert - but then I have to go
back because where it has printed nuttie netballer the shortcut of nn is
in
front of it so I have to go back to delete it.
This is driving me mad .... has anyone got any ideas?
Would be appreciated if someone can offer some help.