Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default Setting up an address file

You can absolutely do this.

Make sure your Word table has a column title in the first row
(address) and then fill in each table cell with an address. For
example,

Mr. and Mrs. John Doe
1234 Main Street
City, State 12345

Continue typing a complete three or four line address into each
separate table cell. (A two-line address will mess things up.)

When you are ready to address an envelope, simply position your cursor
in the table cell with the address you want to print.

Click the Tools pull down menu.

Select Letters and Mailings.

Select Envelopes and Labels. Make sure the envelopes tab is selected,
and your address block should be showing in the address section.

Insert your envelope in your printer and click print.

(TIP: I have one additional column in my table into which I type the
last name only. Then I can alphabetize my table quickly just on this
column.)

"CAB1118" wrote in message
I want to set up a list of addresses that I can draw upon to print
envelopes
or labels. We have vista and Office 2007 with Windows Mail that does not
have an address book for envelopes. Can I set up a table in Word to use
for
an address book and then print envelopes from it?