Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Too Many Edits ...?

If it isn't due to Track Changes I'm afraid I haven't a clue :-( That's the
only time I've ever seen that particular message. It might not be a bad idea
to ask again in microsoft.public.word.docmanagement - it gets a lot more
traffic than does this group.

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/11/08 4:55 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

Track changes is not active. I never use it. But there's a "show markups"
icon in one of
my drop-down menus that is always turned on. I have no idea what it does. I
turn it off,
but it turns itself back on.

Yes, I am using Insert File.
I have also tried copy/paste.

Lady Dungeness
Staying Out of Those Crabpots!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:33:24 -0500, CyberTaz
wrote:

Is Track Changes active in either document?

When you say "inserting" are you actually using Insert File...?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/9/08 1:09 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

Word 2002 on XP SP3. I want to append a document at the end of another. I
get the
message "There are too many edits in this document." How can I get around
that? I've
tried cutting and pasting, inserting doc 1 at the top of doc 2, inserting
doc
2 at the
bottom of doc 1, saving a copy of each doc and trying again -- I still get
the
same
message.

How can I insert document 2 into document 1?