Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jay m jay m is offline

Default Too Many Edits ...?

" wrote:
Word 2002 on XP SP3. *I want to append a document at the end of another. *I get the
message "There are too many edits in this document." How can I get around that? *I've
tried cutting and pasting, inserting doc 1 at the top of doc 2, inserting doc 2 at the
bottom of doc 1, saving a copy of each doc and trying again -- I still get the same
message. *

If you're still messing with this, try:

1. turn reviewing ON, accept all changes, turn it OFF.
2. Save AS new doc.
3. (should be 1?) do all the stability stufff like turn off background
save, etc.

if still not cooperating, try:

4. new doc, insert both docs into the new one.
5. open each doc with OpenOffice and concatenate them in OO. Then save
back to Word.

Let us know how it works out!