Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail merge to seperate documents error

With regard to the first question I have answered your private e-mail.
As for the second part, you need a formatting switch on the merge field.
Toggle the display with ALT+F9 from fieldname to { Mergefield
Fieldname }
Add the switch before the closing bracket
{ Mergefield Fieldname \# ",0.00" }
Update the field

"nats lee carter" wrote in message
Hi

I am merging with an excel spreadsheet as a db.

when I run the macro I have 2 problems:

1. I get the following error straightaway:
Run-time erro '-21417467259 (80004005)':
Method 'Value' of object 'MailmergedataField' failed

and I cannot continue.....?

2. I need a switch to make the decimal places correct
ie: 150.00 is 150.000000000000 etc. I need it to 2 decimal places

Please can you give me advice in laymans terms as am not so experienced at
this and totally alone on this one!

thanks!
natasha.