Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default customized autocorrect entries in both languages?

If you want an AutoCorrect entry to be available no matter which language is
applied to the insertion point, make sure that the entry is *formatted* (it
will then be stored in the Normal template).

To create a formatted AutoCorrect entry, type the text (or other contents)
that you want added, select it (them) and then display the AutoCorrect
dialog box. Type a name for the entry, click Add, and then close the dialog.
If/when you are prompted to save the Normal template, choose to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"stephencroall" u58939@uwe wrote in message news:a5750e449ab94@uwe...
i have word2007 in windows xp pro. my problem is that i work in two
languages
- english uk and swedish - (as a translator) and my customized autocorrect
entries are no longer available in both. they were before, but disappeared
couple of years ago whenever swedish was selected. is there some smart way
of
recovering them?
many thanks!
stephen