Matt_Tech-Wrtr_using_Word Matt_Tech-Wrtr_using_Word is offline
Junior Member

Now 8 years later this still can happen.

I decided to join Word Banter because I found this helpful despite discovering that the article referenced is not a valid URL anymore.

A quick google search for [ss barnhill word white space] provided:
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com/WhiteSpace.htm as the new url.

In Word 2010 which is what I use primarily, it's found under File Options Display. Then it's the very first checkbox under "Page display options".

---

Where is the button that can be inadvertently clicked? (not that I need it, just curious if anyone knows more as to whether it's a document-specific setting or one that just lives among the other Word Display/User Interface settings like being able to switch from Outline view to Draft.) Could be dreaming this, but I though I might have read somewhere that there is a way to force a certain View each time upon opening the saved document. That's what I mean as to something that would have to be a document-specific setting.

Note: This is my first post, so I figured it requires at least a little banter at the end.