Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karen from BC Karen from BC is offline

Default Where did Microsoft hide the Count Characters option?

Hi Beth,

I'm hoping you can help me. I used to be able to see the number of words
that I've highlighted in my document by 100/2509, for example, in the status
bar. However, for some reason, now when I highlight a selection of words,
there is no automatic note of the number of words on the status bar. I now
have to click on the word count feature on the status bar to get a word count
of my selection. Is there any way I can "turn on" the automatic feature
again, rather than having to click on word count?

Karen

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Along with Review tab, as BoniM noted, also take a look at your Status Bar.
You should see the live count of Words in your document and clicking it will
display the Word Count dialog box.

If you don't see Words: # in your Status Bar, right-click the Status Bar
and then click Word Count to add it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"r.t.roth" wrote in message
I can see the number of words in a selection, but I'm using an application
that restricts the number of characters. That was an easy-to-find & use
feature in previous versions of MS Word.

Where is it in MS Word 2007?