Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Where did Microsoft hide the Count Characters option?

And if you're using a TOC field to generate the TOC, you'll get the
right-aligned tab with period leader as the default.

http://word.mvps.org

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote in message ...
Are you using periods to get the lines of periods or are use setting the
tab leader? With the tab leader, at most, the line of periods would be
counted as one word, however a simple test that I just performed indicates
that the lines of peiods that result from setting the tab leader do not
get included in the word count.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Rob" wrote in message
Is there a way to have Word NOT count periods? For example, I have a
table of
contents that must have dots between the heading and the page number.
Word
counts the line of periods for each heading as a word. I have only so
many
words to use on these briefs so each one counted against me hurts!!

Thanks!

"r.t.roth" wrote:

I can see the number of words in a selection, but I'm using an
application
that restricts the number of characters. That was an easy-to-find & use
feature in previous versions of MS Word.

Where is it in MS Word 2007?