Doug Robbins

I don't think that Works has this capability, but with Word, the format
function can be used:

MsgBox Format(#8/12/2005#, "DDDD") returns Friday

So when you have the selection in the table, you could use a macro
containing the following code, (assuming that the first row of the table is
a heading row;

Dim mytable As Table, dtrange As Range, i As Long, strDate As Date

Set mytable = Selection.Tables(1)
With mytable
For i = 2 To .Rows.Count
Set dtrange = .Cell(i, 2).Range
dtrange.End = dtrange.End - 1
strDate = dtrange
.Cell(i, 3).Range = Format(strDate, "DDDD")
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Jim" wrote in message
I have a table in a works document. In columnn 1, I have topics, in column
2
is the date (ie August 12, 2005), column 3, is to show the day of the
week
(ie Monday)

PLease help!!!!!