Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Where is the centerline symbol for use in Word?

If you can tell me what a centerline symbol is supposed to look like,
I can hunt for it in Unicode. The coding makes it sound like a c on
the line crossed by an L that goes below the line? But are they
supposed to look like letters, or are they supposed to be an arc and
two lines?

On Dec 30, 5:29*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
I do not know of one, but you can create one by typing

then hold down the Ctrl Key and press F9 to insert a pair of field
delimiters inside of which you type

ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 * (note that is a lower case L before the 4)

and then outside of the closing } type L

so that you have

c{ ADVANCE \d 2 \l4 }L

Hold down the Alt key and press F9 to toggle off the display of the field
codes. and you will have something that should resemble what you are looking
for. *You may want to adjust the font size of the c and L and also play
around with the offsets 2 and 4

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.