Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How do I change the numeric format in a column of a table?

Which were you trying to do?

"OldFatDog" wrote in message
Thank you for the reply. Please make it easy and tell me how that is done.
Searching "help" provided no clear instructions to follow and my results

were
not at all satisfactory.

Looking forward to your (anyone's) reply,
OldFatDog

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you want it to be as easy as in WordPerfect, you embed an Excel

sheet.
Otherwise, you have to use fields and formatting switches.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"OldFatDog" wrote in message
I can't believe it isn't as easy as it is in WordPerfect (click on the

table
tab, then numeric format and there you are). How would you switch

between
formats; currency, accounting, commas, date/time, etc.?