Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HR secretary

Default after " 's " next word has space in middle

I'm using Office XP Word. Whenever a word ends in 's the next word prints
with a space in the middle of it. Such as "the Hospital's poli cy"
"employee's ben efits". The space seems to be some place the word could be
hyphenated? The space does not appear on the screen. The printer is a
networked HP LaserJet 5. I can take my document to the other girl's computer
and use her Word to print to the same printer and the space isn't there. Is
there a setting I altered that I shouldn't have? Thanks for any help.