Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Default Printing compare documents minus formatting changes

What version of Word are you using? In Word 2003, when you choose Tools -
Compare and Merge Documents, there is a Find Formatting option that can be
turned off.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Kate" wrote in message
Hello. I need to compare two documents using the Compare and Merge
Documents
feature, and then print the resulting merged document. In the printed
version, I do not want to show formatting changes, just the insertions and
deletions. In the print layout view, I can hide the formatting changes
(using
the Show menu in the reviewing toolbar), but when I print the "document
showing markup," the formatting changes still appear in the printed
version.
(They do not appear when I print the "list of markup," but I need the full
document.) Is there a way to print the merged document showing markup
without
the formatting changes? I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003. Thank you.