bondg

Thanks, I suppose, for your contribution. However, it's not up to you to
determine what's pointless and what's not in my organization. As I said in
my first post, this form will sometimes be filled out by hand and sometimes
online. This makes the lines useful.

GB

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is not the way tables are designed to behave. For forms to be filled
out online, it is is rather pointless to have lines for users to type on;
lines like this are intended primarily for forms to be filled out by hand
(they actually cause more trouble than they're worth when you try to fill
out a form with a typewriter). If you insist on having the lines, however,
the only practical way to do this is to make one table cell of the desired
depth and create drawing lines at the desired intervals (same spacing as
the
paragraph line spacing). Anchor them all to the table paragraph or form
field. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm

so
all may benefit.

"bondg" bondg_AT_stcsc.edu wrote in message
Thanks much, Stefan for your reply. However, I'm still stuck. I'm sorry

wasn't more clear. The setting you describe (Wrap Text) is already set,

but
that refers to wrapping text within any given cell. I'm looking to
"wrap"
from one cell to the next (maybe "flow text from one cell to the next"

would
be more correct).

In my example sketch below, the leading text is in a cell with no borders
showing, then the following line is the bottom border of the next cell,

and
finally, the last two lines are the bottom borders of full-table-width
cells. I'm hoping to be able to construct this table so that when users
fill out the form and enter text to fill that first cell, MSWord then

moves
the insertion point to the next row/cell.

This is the name of some company: ___________________

Perhaps a macro would work here? Something that would, after X number of
characters is entered, move the insertion point on to the next cell?

Any help is much appreciated.

GB