Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TXWeezie TXWeezie is offline

Default How do I set up a booklet to bind with punch and bind system?

Well, I was reading the other posts and came to one that had a link to Useful
Style References which I clicked on and then from there clicked on another
link to How to set up a document. While reading the 2nd paragraph, it hit me
that I could check "Continue from previous section" in the Page Number Format
popup, which I did and it solved the problem.

The only question remaining for me on this topic is: Is there not an easier
way to do this? I mean, there are 65 pages in my book which will take some
time to print using this method.

Thanks for your help, Suzanne.

"TXWeezie" wrote:

I tried that and it works...sort of. First let me say that not all my pages
are not numbered numbered: the outside cover=1, inside cover=2 on status bar
and the Table of Contents(TOC)=3 on status bar are all not numbered in the
footer. Numbered pages: #2=4 on status bar, #3=5 and #4=6.

I entered 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 in the print popup. The resulting 6 sheets that
printed are as follows:

Cov Cov
Inside Cov TOC
page #d 2 Inside Cov
TOC page #d 2
Page #'d 3 Page #'d 3
Page #'d 4 Page #'d 4

Does that make sense? I could send you an image of the pages, if you like
but I don't see any place to attach files and could not paste it into this
message.

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To print this way, you don't want to use "Book fold" at all. Instead, just
create each page once, using the "2 pages per sheet" selection in Page Setup
(not the one in the Print dialog). This will give you your half pages. Then,
in the Print dialog, print Pages 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, etc. It may require more
than one print run to get them all, as there's some finite limit to how many
page numbers you can put in the Pages box.

"TXWeezie" wrote in message
I've created a 64 page booklet using bookfold. If it's printed as is, to

do
the punch and bind, the printer will have to trim not only the right
(outside) side to make it even but trim off some on the left (inside). I

want
to have it printed it as follows:

1st sheet
Front Back
page 1 page 1 page 2 page 2

2nd sheet
page 3 page 3 page 4 page 4
and so on. The end product would be cut in half, making 2 booklets.

Is printing it this way a function of the printer or of MS Word? If the
latter, how do I set this up?

Thanks in advance for any help!!