Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RKL

Default Table Format for Caution or Warning Notes

What is the best way to add special notes (e.g., caution, warning) to a Word
template? Create a table format and save it as Autotext? My client uses a
vertical format (where CAUTION or WARNING appears in a box above the note,
not off to the left). Is there a way to ensure consistent spacing above and
below the notes? I couldn't find a way to designate space above and below a
table. I want more spacing before and after notes than what appears between
body text paragraphs. I could adjust the cell margins in the note table, but
because I have a border around the CAUTION or WARNING cell, I'd have to
create a dummy row above (to create the space I want), and I'm afraid that
may be confusing to the users of the template.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!