Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default A question re corruption

I could try to give you the reason I've been told - but probably would end
up phrasing it wrong. All I know is that it has to do with the temp files
created - and that it only takes a few more moments to do it correctly.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message ...
Quite a lot has been written about avoiding corruption of documents, and
one piece of advice has been "do not save to A: from Word (though from
Explorer is okay). I habitually save to a memory stick/flash drive in
drive E and I would like to automate this with a VBA macro. Does anyone
have any information on why saving to A: from Word causes corruption,
and more importantly whether or not saving to E: poses the same danger?
Alternatively (and OT) is it possible to write a VBA (or other) Macro to
invoke this procedure from a hot key while in Windows Explorer (where I
currently do this manually)?

TIA