Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default My bullets are suddenly followed by an arrow. Can't undo..

You've switched on the display of non-printing characters (which are
actually very useful). The 'arrows' are tabs made visible. Click the pilcrow
button (the backwards P) to toggle the setting or go to Tools Options
View.

"Phlash" wrote in message
on the doument I must have hit something. My Word doc dot bullet points
show
up with short arrows after them every time, and I can't undo it even under
Format - Bullets and Numbers. The short arrows even show up in white
space.

How do I just get back to just basic dot bullets that I can install with a
*
space then a return at the end of the paragraph or line, like I have
always
been able to?

I can't understand the help directions, or find the right link.