Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default how to input © by keyboard shortcuts in Word

Jay

Strangely, I cannot get Alt+Ctrl+C to work either. Word says it is the
assigned shortcut. I've tried removing it and tried to reassign it, but
Ctrl+Alt+C stubbornly refused to let me enter it into the Enter New Shortcut
box.

There's something fishy with that keyboard combination. It just isn't
working.

Terry Farrell

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 03:32:01 -0700, shen
wrote:

I can input © by menu, but can not get it by keyboard shortcuts. And I
knew
that the steps should be menu--insert -- symbol -- special characters,
then find it out the shortcut key is "alt + ctrl + c". But I can not get
it
after input "alt + ctrl + c"

If that shortcut has been lost somehow, you can reassign it by following
the
steps in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm.
In the Customize dialog, choose the category "Common Symbols" to find the
right
command.

There's another way to get a copyright symbol, by typing (c) followed by a
space, which triggers an AutoCorrect entry.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman