Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

Default Lost spell checking

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say I'm glad one of our suggestions
fixed your problem.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"David" wrote in message
: On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 01:53:44 -0700, "garfield-n-odie [MVP]"
: wrote:
:
: See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257643 "WD97: Spelling,
: Grammar Not Available in Word Running on Window 2000 or Windows XP".
:
: Recently I did a re-install of everything, XP SP2, programs, the
lot, including Word 97. Now I find that the
: Spelling/Grammar tab in Options is grayed out. I have tried using
the original CD to repair the installation but that
: didn't change anything.
:
: Thanks to you all, I tried Tom's suggestion first and it worked a
: charm. Now I can see all the typos I've made over the last couple of
: weeks!
:
: David