Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marrie

Default word'd settings revert back to default

My audo correct settings like don't number lists when I hit the enter key
are not retained and I have to go back and redo the settings each time.
Should I delete the normal.dot file and see if that helps?

--

This message is fully year-2000-proof !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But only formatted AutoCorrect entries are saved in Normal.dot, so this
would not necessarily be the issue.

so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
After you have changed your settings, try holding down the shift key and
choose "Save All" under the File menu.

If this doesn't do it, somehow your normal.dot is being replaced. Are you

on
a network?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"marrie" wrote in message
Oh, I don't have the full version of acrobat 7 . to clarify, my auto
correct settings revert back to there defaults and I have to change
them
almost every time enter word.

--
This message is fully year-2000-proof !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It is not Adobe Reader that is the issue, but the full version of
Adobe
Acrobat 7.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"marrie" wrote in message
Not sure if I have that installed, but I'll give it a look. what if I
don't
have acrobat reader 7 installed?

--
This message is fully year-2000-proof !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have Acrobat 7 installed, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"marrie" wrote in message
Hello. When I close word and open it to work in it again, the
settings
changed revert back to there defaults and I have to reset them
again.
What's going on? Thanks. I use office 2003 on a win xp pro
machine.