Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marrie

Default word'd settings revert back to default

Actually I unchecked those options in the auto corect options and they go
back to there defaults and Ihave to uncheck them again.

--
Sarah Alawami
MSN:

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
I wouldn't save numbered lists as AutoCorrect entries! They have enough
problems as it is. Instead, set up your numbering using styles as set forth
in:

How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html,
the subject is related.)

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

You can put the text you want in your AC entry into an AC entry and then
apply the numbering style.

Also, unless you specify that they are formatted, AutoCorrect entries are
not stored in normal.dot.

Rather than deleting normal.dot, rename it with Word closed. That has the
same diagnostic effect and if it doesn't help, you can rename nomla.dot
back and not lose any of your other customizations.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"marrie" wrote in message
My audo correct settings like don't number lists when I hit the enter key
are not retained and I have to go back and redo the settings each time.
Should I delete the normal.dot file and see if that helps?

--

This message is fully year-2000-proof !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But only formatted AutoCorrect entries are saved in Normal.dot, so this
would not necessarily be the issue.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
After you have changed your settings, try holding down the shift key
and
choose "Save All" under the File menu.

If this doesn't do it, somehow your normal.dot is being replaced. Are
you
on
a network?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"marrie" wrote in message
Oh, I don't have the full version of acrobat 7 . to clarify, my auto
correct settings revert back to there defaults and I have to change
them
almost every time enter word.

--
This message is fully year-2000-proof !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It is not Adobe Reader that is the issue, but the full version of
Adobe
Acrobat 7.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"marrie" wrote in message
Not sure if I have that installed, but I'll give it a look. what if
don't
have acrobat reader 7 installed?

--
This message is fully year-2000-proof !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have Acrobat 7 installed, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"marrie" wrote in message
Hello. When I close word and open it to work in it again, the
settings
changed revert back to there defaults and I have to reset them
again.
What's going on? Thanks. I use office 2003 on a win xp pro
machine.