Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke

Default Word closes when I hit return

Hi Jackie,

The table seems to be "corrupt" (which often is just some weird combination
of settings that the developers didn't expect, and that Word can't handle).

To "de-corrupt" the table, I'm afraid you'll have to convert it to
(tab-delimited) text, then back to table, and reapply any (table)
formatting.
Hope the table wasn't terribly complex (merged cells, borders and shading,
....)?

Regards,
Klaus

"Jackie D" wrote:
Can someone throw some light on this odd problem?

I'm using XP Home and tables in Word 2003 with track changes switched on.
When I click in one particular cell, the research pane opens on the left
of
the screen. Then when I hit return in the cell, the document closes. I
have
no idea what is going on. I'm hoping somebody out there does!

--

Many thanks
JD