Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Steven Wabik Steven Wabik is offline

Default "versions" feature in ms word

i don't want that though.
i like the versions feature.
i saw something about it in word 2007 but i'm not sure how it works because
its set up a lot differently.
"Margaret Aldis" wrote in
message ...
As I understand it, Versions has gone from 2007 - and a very good decision
too.

Using Versions in 2003 is basically keeping all your eggs in one basket -
and carrying on loading those eggs in until the basket breaks or the eggs
fall out!

If the older versions are important, keep them properly backed up in
separate files and on separate media.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Steven Wabik" wrote in message
you know how in ms word 2003 there is this option called "version" in the
file menu? well, i started using it like a month ago because i found it
usefull for keeping older versions of some of my files. now a days i am
testing Windows Vista and i am using MS office 2007 beta 2. in ms word
2007 i can't seem to find the versions option. can someone please help me
find the "versions" option in ms word 2007 and tell me where it is and
stuff so that i can use it.

and if there is a better newsgroup to post this in please tell me that as
well.

from,
Steven