Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobmeister Bobmeister is offline

Default One Field Equals Another

I have a letter that will repeat information several times. I.E. a name and
a company name. How do type it a name once and then have it appear again at
5 other strategic predetermined locations? I know I can use a mailmerge to
do this. But do I need to introduce a second file into the process to get
Word to automatically repeat a string of characters?
Ideally I would like to have a form document that has me fill in the 2 or 3
variables once and the other fields throughout the document will always
mirror what is in those fields. How do I get a field to equal a specific
'Form Field'?
Any insights on this would be appreciated.