Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Numbered Lists: Getting Word To Go back to the defaut

In W2007 when you change font settings in a multilevel list dialog you are
applying manual character formatting. Back in the document, you can clear it,
leaving the underlying paragraph style, by selecting the numbers and pressing
Ctrl-Spacebar (or Ctrl-Shift-Z if you have Chinese characters enables on your
system).

Pam

wrote:
Suppose I modify my heading number so that the number is in a
different font (e.g Face changed) than the rest of the heading.

Now, how do I go back and tell Word that I want it to use the same
font as the heading for the number?

I change it back to the same font as the heading but whenever I change
the heading font, I have to go back and change the number font as well.