Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default I have a lot of strange icons in my files and I can't get rid of t

Possibly just the end-of-cell markers? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Froggie Pauline" Froggie wrote in
message ...
While working in a table, some strange icons came up in every cell. I
can't
seem to delete them and when I opened older tables and documents, I found
that the icons were in those files as well. I think (but am not sure)
that
they have something to do with styles, but I can't understand how they got
into the older files and whenever I open up a new file, there is one
sitting
there that I can't delete.