Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Small picture then text

What you're suggesting is *far* more time-consuming, complex & problematic
than can possibly be justified by what you describe your need to be. It
would be like building an interplanetary rover for the purpose of opening
soda cans. :-)

IMHO there are at least 2 approaches to be considered, either of which will
be much easier to deal with & provide a more stable result:

1- As Graham suggested, simply insert the appropriate image at the beginning
of the text that pertains to that individual. Leave the image formatted as
In Line with Text & just insert each image where/when necessary, or

2- Create a 2 Column Table, insert the image into the first column of a row
& type the text into the 2nd column, using a separate row for each person.

However, there are a couple of other thoughts I'd like to offer. The first
is that a picture of a person ‹ even just a head shot ‹ scaled to the size
of typical text (10-12 pt) will render the image virtually useless. Second,
regardless of how you proceed it is highly recommended that the images you
use be properly prepared using a decent graphics editing program rather than
attempting to scale the images in Word. If you dump full size images into a
document then scale them down they will lose so much definition that they
will be unrecognizable.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/7/10 12:05 PM, in article , "Third
Time Lucky" wrote:

So what about this :

You can create a style for each person, and make a custom bullet using
that person's picture. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm for the general process.

In that article, under "Step 2. Create the prefixes", look at Figure
5. Under the top row of bullet characters, one of the buttons says
"Picture". Click that button to open another dialog, where you can
click an "Import" button and choose the file containing the person's
picture.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Insert Picture From File.

"Third Time Lucky" wrote in message
Hi all

I want to write some stories in Word 2003 but instead of all text I want
start each line of text with a picture of the person whose text will then
follow. How do I do this easily? I know I will have to scan the persons
picture then crop it to just a head and then resize the head to the same
same as the font?
Help!