Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default ODBC & ISAM Errors

Try checking Word Tools-Options-General-COnfirm conversions at open.
Then, after you have selected the data source, you should see a dialog
called "Confirm Data Source" that lets you select the connection type.
If OLE DB (the default) works for you, then I would choose it. However,
a number of things might require you to use DDE, e.g., if the workbook
is password-protected, OLE DB cannot open it and DDE is your only simple
option.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 25/03/2010 14:28, Brenda from Michigan wrote:
User has Excel 2003

A co-worker (gone now) setup a merge for this user to merge an Excel
database into Word. When the merge happens, a dialog box opens followed by a
"ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed" error and again followed by "No installable
ISAM driver found" error.

I setup her Word to Confirm Conversion At Open attempting to select DDE
instead of ODBC, but the dialog box prompt for this does not open. It just
opens the other dialog box (I don't know if co-worker created this or what)
followed by the above two errors. How can I force it to prompt so I can
select DDE? TIA1