tom5490 tom5490 is offline
Junior Member

Default Page number arithmetic in field codes?

Does anyone know how to do arithmetic using the PAGE field code to get automatic page numbers? I want to do something like this (this does NOT work):
{ = { PAGE } + 1 \* Arabic \* MERGEFORMAT }
The idea is, I want to use the automatic page numbering in a header or footer, and would normally use { PAGE \* Arabic \* MERGEFORMAT }, but I want to have the number printed to be ONE GREATER THAN the current value of PAGE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.