Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page number arithmetic in field codes?

You can certainly make calculations including page numbers, but note that you
must enter each pair of field delimiters, { }, by pressing Ctrl+F9.

To show/hide all field codes, press Alt+F9. To update all fields in the
selection, press F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tom5490" wrote in message ...

Does anyone know how to do arithmetic using the PAGE field code to get
automatic page numbers? I want to do something like this (this does NOT
work):
{ = { PAGE } + 1 \* Arabic \* MERGEFORMAT }
The idea is, I want to use the automatic page numbering in a header or
footer, and would normally use { PAGE \* Arabic \* MERGEFORMAT }, but I
want to have the number printed to be ONE GREATER THAN the current value
of PAGE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
tom5490