Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page number arithmetic in field codes?

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tom5490" wrote in message ...

Hello Stefan,

I want to do something like this
(this does NOT work):
{ = { PAGE } + 1 \* Arabic \* MERGEFORMAT }

... note that you must enter each pair of field
delimiters, { }, by pressing Ctrl+F9. To show/hide
all field codes, press Alt+F9. To update all fields
in the selection, press F9.

Thank you! I was entering the curly braces as
literals and wasn't aware that they need to be
entered by pressing Ctrl+F9. I probably also would
have neglected to update the field by pressing F9.
So, it works now!

Thanks again and best regards,

Tom
--