Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default [Word 2011] Saving as PDF changes formatting of some cross-references

To ensure that a cross-reference (REF) field uses the formatting applied to
the actual field, add the \* CHARFORMAT switch to the field code.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Memz" wrote in message

Hi there,

I'm just about to send my PhD thesis to the printers and I have a
problem that is driving me insane.

All of my cross-references to figures and tables are set to the Subtle
Emphasis style (Bold):
-e.g.- *Figure 1-1*

All of my cross-references to headings are set to Bold + Italic:
-e.g.- *-section 1.3.2.1 - Heading title-*.

Yet if I update any field codes, or worse, save as PDF, *most* (but not
all) of figure/table references revert back to Normal style, and even
weirder, heading references revert to:
*-section 1.3.2.1 -*- Heading title.

I'm at the end of my tether. This is a 400-page document, it just took
me an hour to go through and change them all back again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Memz