Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Buck Rabbit

Default Margins in Page Set up

I changed the set default margins from 1" (which I think is a ridiculous waste) to 15mm all round, Top, Bottom, Left, & Right.
Depending on how tight your printer cuts off the printing at the bottom of your page is the only limitation to extending the
readable area of your page to whatever you choose. Make your own rules.

Buck

wrote in message ...
Carys wrote:

I don't know if this is just a preference thing, but the default margins in
Word seem too generous. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for this?
--
Carys

What margins are you getting? Modern printed work requires generous
margins (and they look better). Maybe you're used to dense pages? If so,
and you haven't got some problem, it's a matter of becoming used to it.

Tell us what you're getting.