Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Smart quotes

Thanks to the usual suspects!

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Look in the Insert Symbols dialog at characters 201C and 201D, in the
General Punctuation section. You can use those Unicode character numbers
followed by Alt+X, or you can use the built-in shortcuts, Ctrl+`," and
Ctrl+'," (the first one is Ctrl and the grave accent, then a double quote;
the second one is Ctrl and the single quote, then a double quote).
Similarly for the curly single quotes, characters 2018 and 2019.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

aalaan wrote:
Here's a curly one g

I am editing a document that has many of its smart quotes the wrong
way round. Are there different codes for the opening and closing
curly quotes so that I can force the direction, correcting some
anomolalies, so that I don't have to accept what appears to be Word's
built-in automatic curler (which is not always right)?