Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MungMan MungMan is offline

Default Word 2003 Dictionary Language

I thought I had done that before but apparently not. This time it worked!
Thanks very much.
--
MungMan
Chicago, IL

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Select all the text in your document and apply the English language
parameter to it.

MungMan wrote:
So my question still stands, how do I check only English or un-check
all the French selections?

It means that every single character can be associated with a
language.

MungMan wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean by "The language attribute
is an individual per character setting."

Read again the first sentence of Cindy's reply.
The language attribute is an individual per character setting.

MungMan wrote:
Cindy,
Thanks. "Detect..." was checked and all forms of French are
checked on this document. How do I "uncheck" them?

Hi ?B?TXVuZ01hbg==?=,

I have a doccument that I wrote in English and how for some
reason when I try to spell check it my system is using a French
dictionary. I checked MS Office 2003 Language Settings and the
only enabled language is English (US). I had this problem once
before and accidentially figured out how to change the
dictionary back to English but cannot recall how I did it?

Have you tried Ctrl+A, then Tools/Language/Set language, choosing
English?

And while you'rein this dialog box, check if the "Detect language
automatically" checkbox is activated? If it is, that would/could
explain how you ended up with French.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17
2005) http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)