Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 tracking /

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Irene_58" wrote in message
Thank you both. We're working on the locking approach, as we'll need to
be
able to keep up-reving them.
--
Irene

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Or you can lock the fields (temporarily).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

You may need to select the REF fields in the header and use
Ctrl+Shift+F9
to unlink them.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services
on
a paid professional basis.

"Irene_58" wrote in message
I have some ASK fields in my document, with REFs in the section
headers.
update the document with Tracking enabled, but I don't want the header
fields
shown with revision bars. So once the updates are complete, I switch
tracking off and accept the header changes. This looks ok until I
print
the
document, then any fields that I updated this revision get displayed
as
revised (coloured text / change bars). Under Word Options I have
unchecked
the "Update fields before printing".
Any thoughts?
--