Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Default Columns and multiple sections

If you expect text to flow across section breaks, then I'm
afraid you are out of luck. Word can't do that. You'll have to
fake column formatting using linked text boxes instead.

Note, however, that you may not need section breaks to create
different headers. If the header should repeat text from
the body of the document, you could use a StyleRef field. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
I have a document where most of the text is in two columns,

newsletter-style.
But it also needs multiple headers. I set it up with section breaks,

and the
headers work fine, but now my columns don't flow properly. The

sections end
up this way:
1 1
2 2