Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Peculiar search and Replace

Format the string as desired in your document and copy it to the Clipboard,
then use ^c (Clipboard contents) as your "Replace with" text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Henry Stock" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone can help me with the following search and replace.

I want to replace the character string CO2 with the equivalent string
except with the 2 subscripted. I tried highlighting the 2 in the
replacement string and then selecting special formating and choosing a
subscripted font, but that just resulted in the entire string being
subscripted.

I am using Word 2007