Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Henry Stock[_3_] Henry Stock[_3_] is offline

Default Peculiar search and Replace

Sorry, but that did not work either. The old CO2s are still in
normal font

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Format the string as desired in your document and copy it to the
Clipboard, then use ^c (Clipboard contents) as your "Replace with"
text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Henry Stock" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone can help me with the following search and replace.

I want to replace the character string CO2 with the equivalent
string except with the 2 subscripted. I tried highlighting the 2 in
the replacement string and then selecting special formating and
choosing a subscripted font, but that just resulted in the entire
string being subscripted.

I am using Word 2007