Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
magicdds magicdds is offline

Default lineing up data from access in a column in word

I have data in Access that might look as follows for a patient:

Discrepancy = Response1 LF Response2 LF Response3
Crossbite = Response4 LF Response5
Overbite =
Other Problems = Response6 LF Response7 LF Response8

where LF is a "line feed"

In my word document I am doing the following:

If {Mergefield{Discrepancy} "" "{Advance \x15}Arch Discrepancy: {Advance
\x200} Mergefield{Discrepancy}" ""}
If {Mergefield{Crossbite} "" "{Advance \x15}Crossbite: {Advance \x200}
Mergefield{Crossbite}" ""}
If {Mergefield{Overbite} "" "{Advance \x15}Overbite: {Advance \x200}
Mergefield{Overbite}" ""}
If {Mergefield{Other Problems} "" "{Advance \x15}Other Problems: {Advance
\x200} Mergefield{Other Problems}" ""}

I would like the printout in Word to look as follows:

Discrepancy: Response1
Response2
Response3
Crossbite: Response4
Response5
Other Problems: Response6
Response7
Response8

Instead, what prints is as follows:

Discrepancy: Response1
Response2
Response3
Crossbite: Response4
Response5
Other Problems: Response6
Response7
Response8

I tryed to use a table to print the results but this presented with two
problems:
1) a row was created in the table for OVERBITE, which was blank since
overbite had no responses
2) After each row in the table, there was an extra blank line that I could
not eliminate.This spread out the information on the paper over too much
space and did not look very professional.
So the table route did not work.

I tried to figure out how to use a hanging indent to get things to print out
correctly, but I couldn't figure out how to apply the hanging indent only to
the responses.

Can anyone help with how to set up this form letter.

Thanks,
Mark